COOLINE, a parish, in the barony of ORRERY and KILMORE, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 1- mile (S. W.) from Charleville ; containing 455 inhabitants. This small parish is situated on the road from Charleville to Liscarrol, and contains 1130 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £1539 per annum for the county cess. The land, which is extremely rich, is partly in pasture, and the portion under tillage produces excellent crops ; the system of agriculture is slowly improving. A stratum of limestone gravel ext.ends into the parish, and is chiefly used for repairing the roads ; and there are indications of culm at Milltown. The principal seats are Cooline House, the residence of R. Weldon, Esq. ; and Milltown Castle, of G. Bruce, Esq., a handsome castellated mansion in the later English style. It is in the diocese of Cloyne, and is a rectory, constituting the corps of the prebend of Cooline in the cathedral of Cloyne, in the gift of the Bishop ; the tithes amount to £70. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ballyhea. The ruins of the church still remain in the ancient burial-ground.