All Lewis entries for Tubbrid



Tubbrid

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

TUBRID

TUBRID, a parish, in the barony of IVERK, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 9- miles (S. by W.) from Knocktopher ; containing 213 inhabitants, and comprising 980 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £525 per annum. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Fiddown ; the tithes amount to £50. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Moncoin. A day school, in which about 100 children are taught, is aided by contributions from the parish priest ; and a Sunday school is held in the R. C. chapel.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021