BREGOGUE, a parish, in the barony of ORRERY and KILMORE, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 1 mile (N. N. W.) from Buttevaut; containing 450 inhabitants. This place, which is situated on the road from Buttevant to Liscarrol, is not known in civil matters as a parish, having for all such purposes merged into that of Buttevant. It comprises 1314 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, which are of good quality, and mostly under tillage, producing ample crops: there is an abundant supply of limestone for manure and for other uses. The gentlemen's seats are Dunbarry, the residence of T. Heffernan, Esq.; Currymount, of J. O'Leary, Esq.; and Bregogue Castle, of J. Rogers. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cloyne, and is part of the union of Buttevant and Cahirduggan, formerly called the union of Bregogue; the rectory is impropriate in C. S. Oliver, Esq. The tithes amount to £150, payable in equal portions to the impropriator and the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Buttevant. There are some remains of the old castle incorporated into the dwelling-house of Mr. Rogers; also of the ancient church in the burial-ground.