MAYNE, or MOYNE, a parish, in the barony of FASSADINING, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. W.) from Kilkenny, on the river Dinan; containing 633 inhabitants, and comprising 1636 statute acres. At Conahy is a quarry of flagstone, of which some of the strata are thin and used for roofing, but the stone is more generally used for hearths and flooring. Here is a station of the constabulary police. Jenkinstown, the handsome seat of G. Bryan, Esq., is situated in a highly cultivated tract of country near the river Nore : the demesne, which contains about 300 plantation acres, is finely wooded. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, partly impropriate in the corporation of Kilkenny, but chiefly forming the corps of the prebend of Mayne in the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny, and in the patronage of the Bishop : the tithes amount to #104, of which #13. 16. 11. is payable to the impropriators, and the remainder to tho rector ; and there is a glebe of 95 acres near the ruins of the old church. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Conahy, comprising also parts of the parishes of Kilmacar, Coolcraheen, and Odogh, and three detached townlands of Burnchurch. A new R. C. chapel, a commodious edifice, is now being erected near Jenkinstown ; at which place is a school under the patronage of Major Bryan, held in a neat building erected by the Major at an expense of #300.