All Lewis entries for Kilbride



Kilbride

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

KILBRIDE

KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of IDA, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5 - miles (w. by S.) from New Ross; containing 496 inhabitants, and 2665 statute acres. It is a vicarage, episcopally united, in 1779, to that of Kilcoan; the rectory is impropriate in the Rev. John Digby. The tithes amount to £90, which is equally divided between the vicar and the impropriator. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Slieuruagh.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021