All Lewis entries for Grangemaccomb



Grangemaccomb

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

GRANGECLOVAN

GRANGECLOVAN, or GRANGELORAN, a parish, in the barony of FASSADINING, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S. W.) from Ballyragget, on the river Nore ; containing 949 inhabitants, and comprising 5611- statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Burnchurch: the tithes amount to £247. 14. 11. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, called Conahy, which includes this parish and Maine, and part of the parishes of Kilmocar, Cooleraheen, Three Castles, and Burnchurch ; and has a chapel at Conahy.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021