GAULSKILL, a parish, in the barony of IDA, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Waterford, on the road to Thomastown ; containing 322 inhabitants. It is also called Kiltokegan and Kilskegan, and comprises 1325 acres, including a lake of 100 acres. The ancient castle appears, from a monument in the church, to have formerly belonged to the De Burgo family. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Dunkitt : the tithes amount to £75 ; near the church is a small glebe. The church was built in 1792, by aid of a gift of £500 from the late Board of First Fruits, and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £176 for its repair. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Kilmacow.