All Lewis entries for Dysart



Dysart

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

DYSART

DYSART, a parish, in the barony of FASSADINING, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 2- miles (S.) from Castlecomer, on the road to Kilkenny ; containing 2501 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the river Dinin ; and comprises 2606 statute acres. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, appropriate to the vicars choral of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny ; the rectory is impropriate in the representatives of Sir James Tynte, Bart, The tithes amount to £300, of which £200 is paid to the impropriator, and £100 to the vicars choral. There is no church ; the parishioners attend divine worship at Mothell. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Muckalee. About 90 children are educated in a public school.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021