All Lewis entries for Aglish



Aglish

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kilkenny

AGLISH

AGLISH, or AGLISHMARTIN, a parish, in the barony of IVERK, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (W.) from Waterford, on the river Suir, and on the road from Waterford to Carrick-on-Suir; containing 401 inhabitants, of which number, 142 are in the village. It comprises 2414 statute acres, and is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes amount to £96. 18. 5-. There is neither church nor glebe-house; the glebe consists of 2- acres. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Moncoin.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021