FEIGHCULLEN, a parish, partly in the barony of EAST OPHALY, but chiefly in that of CONNELL, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 4? miles (N.) from Kildare, on the Grand Canal ; containing 890 inhabitants. It comprises 3835 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, exclusively of a large tract of bog, and about 20 acres of common : the state of agriculture is gradually improving. At Grange Hill is a vein of lead ore. The gentlemen's seats are Newington, the residence of S. Neale, Esq. ; Christian's Town, of J. Forbes, Esq. ; Whilan, of - Cooper, Esq. ; and Washington, of H. Mothersill, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Kildare, and in the gift of the Crown: the tithes amount to #180. There is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 10 acres, The church is a small but handsome structure, erected by a gift of #830 and a loan of #277 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1829, and for its repair a grant of #248 has been recently made by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Kilmaogue, also called Allen and Milltown : the chapel is a large building at Milltown. A public school has been established there, for which a house was built by the late Rev. J. Lawler, P. P. About 60 children are educated in two private schools.