All entries for Davidstown



Davidstown

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Kildare

CALVERSTOWN

CALVERSTOWN, a village, in the parish of DAVIDSTOWN, barony of NARAGH and RHEBAN EAST, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (N.) from Ballytore ; containing 22 houses and 150 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Dublin to Carlow, and has two fairs on May 1st and Sept. 21st.

DAVIDSTOWN

DAVIDSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of NARRAGH and RHEBAN, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 4? miles (S. S. W.) from Kilcullen, on the road from Dublin to Athy ; containing 1464 inhabitants. It is principally under tillage. The rectory is appropriate to the see of Kildare, and the parish, which is in the diocese of Dublin, forms part of the impropriate curacy of Kilcullen : the tithes amount to #199. 7. 4. In the R. C. divisions it is within the union or district of Crookstown, called also Narraghmore. There is a school at Calverstown under the Trustees of Erasmus Smith's charity, in which are about 30 boys and 40 girls.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2019