KILSHINANE, or KILLISHANE, a parish, in the barony of CLANMAURICE, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (S.) from Listowel, on the road to Castleisland, containing 1668 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south-east by the Knockfodery, or Laekfodery, mountains ; and consists chiefly of mountain pasture and bog: coal exists, but has not been worked. It is in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe ; the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Cork, and the vicarage forms part of the union of Kilflyn. The tithes, amounting to #149. 15. 2., are payable in equal portions to the impropriator and the vicar. In the R. C. divisions the parish is partly included in the district of Listowel, but chiefly in that of Lixnaw. The ruins of the old church still exist in the burial-ground, near which is a holy well, resorte d to by the peasantry for devotional purposes.