KILMOILY, or KILMAYLY, a parish, in the barony of CLANMAURICE, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER, 9 miles (N. N. W.) from Tralee, on the western coast ; containing 3525 inhabitants. It comprises 12,219 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, chiefly in tillage. Several families of the settlers called "Palatines" reside at Toherbanne, in this parish, where a colony was established more than a century since by an ancestor of the present proprietor, Silver Oliver, Esq. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ard-fert and Aghadoe, appropriate to the see ; the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Cork. The tithes amount to #450, of which two-thirds are payable to the impro priator. and the remainder to the bishop, who allows #5 per annum for discharging the clerical duties. There is no church, glebehouse, or glebe ; but divine service is regularly performed in the schoolhouse at Toherbanne, and it is in contemplation by the bishop to procure the erection of a church. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ardfert ; there is a chapel at Lerrigs. The school-house at Toherbanne, with apartments for the master, was erected by sub-scription in 1835: in this and in two private schools, about 150 children are educated. Near the churchyard are the ruins of Ballykealy castle, an ancient residence of the Fitzmaurices.
LERRIGS, a village, in the parish of KILMOILEY, barony of CLANMAURICE, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER, 7 miles (N.) from Tralee, on the road to Causeway ; containing 117 houses and 723 inhabitants. The R. C. chapel for this portion of the district of Ardfert is situated in the village.