BALLYCONRY, a parish, in the barony of IRAGHTICONNOR, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER 3? miles (N. W. by W.) from Listowel: the population is returned with the parish of Lisseltin. This small parish, which is also called Ballyconry-derico, is situated on the road from Listowel to Ballybunnian; and comprises 1118 statute acres, of which 233? are arable, 540? are pasture, and 343? are bog. Some improvement has taken place in agriculture by the introduction of sand and sea-weed as a manure, brought in large quantities from Ballybunnian bay. Ballyconry House is the seat of Eyre W. Stack, Esq. In ecclesiastical matters this is a distinct parish, but in civil affairs it is considered as forming part of the parish of Lisseltin. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, with the vicarage of Kilfeighny and one-fifth part of the rectory of Ardfert united, together constituting the corps of the precentorship of Ardfert, in the patronage of the Bishop ; the rectory is impropriate in Anthony Stoughton, Esq. The tithes amount to #36, payable in moieties to the incumbent and the impropriator; #2 per annum is payable to the curate of Lisseltin, who discharges the clerical duties : the tithes of the benefice payable to the incumbent are #179. 18. 8. The glebe lands of the precentorship lie in Ardfert, and comprise 115a. 0r. 1p., statute measure, let on lease at an annual rent of #27. 13. 10. In the R. C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Lisseltin.