FOHENAH, or FOHANA, a parish, in the barony of KILCONNELL, county of GALWAY, and province of CONNAUGHT, 1? mile (S. by E.) from Ahascragh, on the road from Kilconnel to Ahascragh ; containing 1968 inhabitants. This parish comprises 5834 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. There are good limestone quarries, and an oatmeal-mill. The bog has been reclaimed by Lord Clonbrock at a large outlay of capital, according to the suggestions of Thos. Bermingham, of Caramana, Esq. The seats are Clonbrock, the residence of Lord Clonbrock, situated on an extensive demesne, finely planted and tastefully kept ; and Lowville, of W. McDonagh, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Clonfert ; the rectory is partly appropriate to the see and partly to the vicarage, which forms part of the union of Kilconnell, The tithes amount to #166. 3. 0?., of which #32. 6. 1?. is payable to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners and #133. 16. 11. to the incumbent, The church is in ruins and the ground used as a cemetery. In the R. C. divisions the parish is united to the half parish of Kilgerril, or Kilgirdle ; the chapel is a thatched building. About 50 children are educated in a private school. The peasantry are comfortable, and agriculture is much improved. At Ballinabanaba are the remains of a castle. The skeleton of a very large elk was dug out of a bog in 1835. The title of Clonbrock, conferred on the Dillon family, is taken from the demesne.